Thumbnail Images on Listings Level

7 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: December 19, 2007   (RSS)

By rasbro - December 19, 2007

I was wondering what the best way is to display product thumbnail images on the listings page?

For example, when I have a multi-page section with a list viewer and page viewer being used, I would like the thumbnail images for the products appearing on the category pages (list viewer) like they do for each of the product pages (page viewer). I hope that makes sense.

What tags do I use on the list viewer page for displaying the product thumbnail images like on the page viewer page?

Thanks,
Brian

Re: [rasbro] Thumbnail Images on Listings Level

By Dave - December 19, 2007

Try copying the "Step 3: Display Uploads" block from the Page Viewer and pasting it inside the "Step 2: Display Record List" block in the "List Viewer".

Let me know if you have any other problems with that.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Thumbnail Images on Listings Level

I pasted the display uploads block from the page viewer into the list viewer page and this is what I got:

Notice: Undefined variable: record in /home/path-of-site/page.php on line 80
getUploads: no 'recordNum' value specified!

Do I need to alter something?

Thanks,
Brian

Re: [rasbro] Thumbnail Images on Listings Level

By Dave - December 19, 2007

You need to make sure it's inside the foreach loop in step2 and that you're using the same variable name (in this case $record). So if your step2 block looks like this in your list viewer:

<?php foreach ($listRows as $record): ?>
<?php endforeach ?>

Then past your upload viewer code inside that. Like this:

<?php foreach ($listRows as $record): ?>

<?php foreach (getUploads($options['tableName'], 'uploads2', $record['num']) as $upload): ?>
<?php endforeach ?>

<?php endforeach ?>

If that doesn't help you can attach the listViewer file (or private message it to me) and I'll have a look.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Yep, that did it. I didn't have the code within the foreach loop. Nice to know now how to configure it.

Now, I wonder if there is a way to have the product thumbnail appear smaller on the category list page than it does for the product page, without just changing the width and height attributes. Can I do this without adding a new section for this purpose?

Thanks,
Brian

That definitely does help Dave! I thought I might be limited to those options, but I think I can live with the browser resize option for my smaller version of the thumbnail.

Thanks for the great explanation!

Brian