Edit viewer pages

6 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: September 4, 2008   (RSS)

By dsc234 - September 2, 2008

Hello,

Is there a way I can setup a viewer page inside CMS builder so the page can be edited, instead of having to edit the page via another website program?

Thanks,

Derek

Re: [dsc234] Edit viewer pages

By Dave - September 3, 2008

Hi Derek,

Can you give me some more details about what you want to do. I'm not totally clear yet.

Thanks!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Edit viewer pages

By dsc234 - September 3, 2008 - edited: September 3, 2008

Hi Dave,

Is there a way I can edit the design of a view page through CMS builder?

As it seems right now, I can edit records in a certain section, but not the viewer page displaying those records. Is there a way I can edit the viewer page INSIDE of cms builder using a wysiwyg editor and not another program like dreamweaver?

Thanks,

Derek

Re: [Dave] Edit viewer pages

By dsc234 - September 4, 2008

Hi Dave,

Yes, I mean edit the viewer page itself. I am trying to give a client full control. I want to let the client edit and make feature changes to the viewer page via wysiwyg editor in CMS builder and not an external program like dreamweaver.

How could I accomplish this?

I also sent an email to your consulting department requesting a quote on another project I need done. The details are in the email

Thank you!

Re: [dsc234] Edit viewer pages

By Dave - September 4, 2008

Hi Derek,

If you wanted to give your client "full control" like dreamweaver you could give them a single large field: either a textbox to enter HTML or a wysiwyg to enter format entered content.

It might make sense to have some parts of the site automatically generated. What if you had a "tree style" page navigation down the left side. Then they could add pages and arrange them and you could give them a field for title and content. Would that work?

That would give them quite a bit of control.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com