Error message after CMSB installation

5 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: February 12, 2009   (RSS)

Re: [NigelGordijk] Error message after CMSB installation

By Dave - February 3, 2009

Hi Nigel,

Sounds like that host doesn't have GD module installed. This is the standard module used for manipulating images. You can either email them and ask them to fix it (they should) or we can comment out that error but then automatic thumbnailing won't work.

You could try emailing your host and asking them to install the GD module for PHP.

Let me know what they say or if you just want to bypass it.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Error message after CMSB installation

Thanks, Dave.
Nigel Gordijk

Common Sense Design: User-focused Web design
Tel: 001 519 342 5348 | Web: www.commonsensedesign.net

Hi, Dave.

I think the server issue has been resolved, but I'm now getting the following error message when I run http://www.bikramyogawhiterock.com/cmsAdmin/admin.php:

======

Warning: rename(C:/errata/uweb/bikramyogawhiterock/cmsAdmin/data/settings.dat.php.default,C:/errata/uweb/bikramyogawhiterock/cmsAdmin/data/settings.dat.php): Permission denied in C:\errata\uweb\bikramyogawhiterock\cmsAdmin\lib\init.php on line 173 Error renaming 'C:/errata/uweb/bikramyogawhiterock/cmsAdmin/data/settings.dat.php.default' : rename(C:/errata/uweb/bikramyogawhiterock/cmsAdmin/data/settings.dat.php.default,C:/errata/uweb/bikramyogawhiterock/cmsAdmin/data/settings.dat.php): Permission denied! Make sure this file and it's directory are writable!

======

Any idea why this might be, please?
Nigel Gordijk

Common Sense Design: User-focused Web design
Tel: 001 519 342 5348 | Web: www.commonsensedesign.net

By Dave - February 12, 2009

The file permissions aren't set correctly on the Windows server this is hosted on. Do you have access to change the permissions or do you need the host to do it for you?

When you first install the program it should run through a check of all the permissions, update the permissions on settings.dat.php.default and /data/ to make sure they have "Read", "Write" and "Modify" permissions for the user that PHP runs as (usually named IUSR_SERVERNAME on Windows).

Hope that helps. Let me know if you need more details.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com