Can I use cmsb to manage other existing mysyl tables

3 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: February 7, 2009   (RSS)

By markr - February 6, 2009

Let's say I have form data in an existing table and I want to let my client have "some" access thereto. Client is in love with cmsb so I don't want to subject her to phpmyAdmin or something else with too much power. I need a "lite" mysql editor I can put on one of my cmsb pages.

But cmsb is a mysql editor, duh, and it can be deployed in a "lite" manner. So my question...is it possible to connect cmsb with other data tables so client has uniform interface with site and other "non-cmsb" data?

Re: [markr] Can I use cmsb to manage other existing mysyl tables

You may want to have a look at this product. I have been using it mainly to quickly create database management code. I did use it for just what you described. It will import the database layout from existing CMS tables. It then generates the code for display, update, and export of the data. I have not fully researched it's full potential, but was impressed with what it did for me. The latest release has the data export feature which is what I think will be very valuable to me. I cannot give may clients access to phpAdmin so this would be great for that.
http://www.bigprof.com/appgini/index.php
Ron Conring
Conring Automation Services
----------------------------------------
Software for Business and Industry Since 1987