Designing on testing server - different pathways

2 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: February 9, 2009   (RSS)

By Mel - February 7, 2009 - edited: February 7, 2009

Hi,

I have set up WAMP on my PC and as you said very easy to set up although have not worked out yet how to test email on it yet but anyway my question is this

The first CMS site I developed, I actually developed on line prior to launching it, now I would like have a duplicate to test off-line & enhance the site

But since the WAMP server is going to have different url paths when compared to the live server does this mean that I will have to change settings on each page before going live? or i there an easier way of setting the test server folders up

For example see below the piece of code for a particular page on the live server - now If I am correct the folder and pathways would be totally different in WAMP so how do I overcome this problem - Is it a case of changing folder names in WAMP - if so would I then be changing the name of the www folder in WAMP to home

I am using Dreamweaver CS3 and saw another posting in the forum about using relative paths which would save the need to make changes to require statements - if this is the answer could you please give some advice on the best way to set this up

Live pathway is below

require_once "/home/mystest/public_html/cmsAdmin/lib/viewer_functions.php";

Thanks Mel