CMS Builder and Net Objects Fusion

5 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: February 21, 2009   (RSS)

Hello,

I have recently purchased CMS Builder and am trying to install it into a new site using NOF 10. I have set the custom names file extension for the pages to .php as opposed to the default .html.

In the instructions it states that the php top block of code needs to be inserted before anything else. If I do this on a NOF page, however, certain European characters do not display correctly when published live eg é, è etc. I also cannot preview or local publish the page in NOF.

If I insert the php code between the head tags the european characters display correctly when published live and I can also preview the page in NOF though I still cannot do a local publish.

1) Am I correct to insert the top block of php code between the head tags on a NOF page?
2) Is there a way to local publish the page containing CMS Builder in NOF?
3) Do you have any info specific to using CMS Builder in a Net Objects Fusion site?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: [bon voisin] CMS Builder and Net Objects Fusion

By Dave - February 17, 2009

Hi bon voisin, Welcome to the CMS Builder forum! :)

You don't need to have that code at the exact top of the page, but we do recommend you have it near the top as it makes it easier to find.

I'm not familiar with NOF (perhaps if someone else is they can post?) but the only other thing I'd mention is by default CMS Builder uses the UTF-8 character set. So if you can use the same character set in NOF it should prevent any display problems.

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] CMS Builder and Net Objects Fusion

Thanks for the info. I'm sure I saw something that mentioned NOF with CMSB on your site but I can't find it now. Was it on a sample website set up to show of CMSB? Anyway, thanks again.

Re: [Dave] CMS Builder and Net Objects Fusion

Thanks. I think it was on some other sample website. I'll let you know if I find it again.