Questions and Answers with Clients?

3 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: April 12, 2009   (RSS)

By Itsnoprob - April 10, 2009 - edited: April 10, 2009

Hi,

I'm getting to grips with this software now and it's potential (at least I think!)

What I would now like to do is:

- to have a section where visitors can post - securely - text only questions (by logging on with restrictions as to the nature of the post allowed in order to have NO risk to the database)

- where I can answer these questions or issues (either on the same page ideally or separate page) Ideally the answer would be WYSIWYG...

I can't think of a way of doing this...but it's Easter and I'm slowing down from slow!

Any guidance to get me started - really appreciated!

Cheers,

Nigel
http://www.Itsnoprob.co.uk

Personal Service on the Net!

Re: [Itsnoprob] Questions and Answers with Clients?

By Damon - April 10, 2009

Hi Nigel,

How about this:

On our site, you could setup the addForm.php script that will allow users to submit questions from the form into the database.

The form can be customized to:
- display the fields needed. Ex: Title (text field) and Question details (text box).
- create a section within CMS Builder for "Questions and Answers" with Title, Questions details and Answers (WYSIWYG editor)
- set the form to submit the content into "Questions and Answers" table in the database.
- set content submitted via the form to be hidden by default

You can then login to CMS Builder and add your answer to each of the submitted questions and uncheck the hidden checkbox to make the post visible on your site.

On your site you could have customize an index page of questions that link to a detail page that shows the question followed by your answer.

How does this sound? Let me know if this will work for you and I can reply with the addForm.php script and answer any other questions you might have.
Cheers,
Damon Edis - interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/