Multiple Web Pages - One Section - Page Break

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: May 7, 2009   (RSS)

By Smirensky - April 24, 2009

Hi. I would like to be able to create a News section on my website with multiple pages using one section in the CMS Builder. For example, if there are 10 News records available, I would like to display 3 on each page with a next page, prev page link on the bottom of all applicable pages. Is it possible to do this with CMS Builder? Thanks for your time.

Lynn S.
lynnsmir

Re: [lynnsmir] Multiple Web Pages - One Section - Page Break

By ross - April 24, 2009

Hi Lyn

Thanks for posting!

I found the tutorial I was thinking of for you but it's actually for Article Manager. The same thing will work for CMS Builder though. Have a look here:

http://www.interactivetools.com/news/issue0077.html#2

Skip to step 2 and where it says "$article.content$" you'll want to use the variable for your content. It will likely look something like $record['content'].

When you click to "show code" link there, you'll find there's another $article.content$ in there as well.

This is going to need you to be comfortable working with PHP but give it a shot and let me know how you make out :).
-----------------------------------------------------------
Cheers,
Ross Fairbairn - Consulting
consulting@interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
Template changes, advanced features, full integration, whatever you
need. Whether you need one hour or fifty, get it done fast with
Priority Consulting: http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [ross] Multiple Web Pages - One Section - Page Break

By Smirensky - May 7, 2009

Hi Ross.

Thanks for responding to my post. I read the article you referred to. A couple of questions.. The article seemed to refer to splitting up the content of one article (or in my case, 1 news record), over multiple pages, whereas I would like to split up the content by entire records. Secondly, I'm not sure where I would make modifications to templates. How do I access these in the CMS package. Thanks for your time.

Lynn [cool]
lynnsmir