how to move from subfolder to home folder

6 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: November 15, 2010   (RSS)

By vickiev - November 11, 2010 - edited: November 12, 2010

I have been working with cmsbuilder in a test subfolder. Now it's time to move it to the home folder and launch redesigned site. What is the best way to do this?
Okay, no reply as yet in last 16 hours....so I'll ask another way as I have to do this work today:

Do I copy the CMS folder to the home folder first and will it automatically adjust the general settings?
OR do I go into the general settings and amend the directories and urls?
Do I need to amend every page and then replace every Detailpage and Listpage? I have 21 pages to address.

Original question:
Each Detailpage has the following array: $dirsToCheck = array('/home/biz/name/WWW/redesign/','','../','../../','../../../');
Can I just remove 'redesign/' from the array on each Detailpage after I move the CMS folder? Any words of advice?

Re: [Jason] how to move from subfolder to home folder

Thank you, Jason, for your reply! I was thinking that might be the case. Thanks for the clarification.

Re: [vickiev] how to move from subfolder to home folder

Jason, the move went smoothly and worked well. Unfortunately, I believe there is a conflicting problem between cms and our member login php code. Is that possible? A number of the site pages have both features and some only have the member login php code.

This is the home page: http://www.nae-online.org/index.php
which has cms, but does not have the member login php code on it so we can see the page.

This is another page that does have the member login code, but no cms: http://www.nae-online.org/board.php
But you can't see it, as it is a blank screen.

I asked the person who wrote the login code long ago about the problem and they think there is a conflict between the two. Do you have any knowledge or suggestions for this problem?

Re: [vickiev] how to move from subfolder to home folder

By Chris - November 15, 2010

Hi vickiev,

I noticed that your page isn't blank — did you get this sorted out?

If not, please post the complete PHP source code for an affected page.
All the best,
Chris

Re: [chris] how to move from subfolder to home folder

Yes, I got it fixed by installing the membership plugin from your company! And it works great and much better than the old code. Thanks for checking up on the outcome of the problem.