Related tables /fields

5 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: May 18, 2012   (RSS)

By Rewmer - May 16, 2012

Hi Guys, Ive got my list page up and running and looking good thanks to some tips and a lot of help from Damon and the forum. My next issue is I would like to link an item from my "cataloge" list to a record from my "for sale list" Question is do I have to set up my "for sale " record in any particular way or is it relativly simple to link the two or should I make the for sale section a part of my list record ? I hope this make sense.

Re: [Damon] Related tables /fields

By Rewmer - May 16, 2012

I see what your saying Damon.that does sound like an idea.so I would just add a checkbox for "for sale" and add a "price field"???
The only issue I can see with that is that each "clutch" on the incubator page could have upto 30 or so animals on it which all may need to be individually priced depending on coloration and other aspects.

Re: [Rewmer] Related tables /fields

By Damon - May 18, 2012

Hi again,

Now that I see you are going to have 30 animals for each clutch, I'm going to suggest CMS Builder be setup in a different way.

Think of the clutch as the category and for the animals.

So, we need a new section editor for entering all the animal details (name, images, coloration, price etc) and also a dropdown that will include all the current clutchs in CMS Builder.

Then you can choose the clutch that the animal is part of.

We have another email going so I can provide some more details via email.
Cheers,
Damon Edis - interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [Damon] Related tables /fields

By Rewmer - May 18, 2012

Again an idea? but we have decided to keep it simple at this time and use a single record in "Available " with several upload feilds to cover each different animal from the same clutch. Next years site may be a completely different animal though...