Website Membership - Log-in Pop-up

5 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder: Plugins & Add-ons
Last Post: May 30, 2012   (RSS)

By Perchpole - May 29, 2012

Hello, All -

My WSM plugin is handling my site log-ins pretty well. The only issue is that it seems to insist on bouncing people forward to a "POST_LOGIN_URL".

This is a bit of a nuisance!

I would prefer the plugin to return the user to the page they came from.

Alternatively, if I set-up the login form in a pop-up window, could the plugin just "do nothing" and leave the visitor on the page they're viewing?

:0/

Perchpole

Re: [Perchpole] Website Membership - Log-in Pop-up

Hang on!

I think I may have cracked it - at least as far as the pop-up is concerned.

I removed the "?"from the action element and now it seems to work as I'd hoped.

Fingers crossed!

:0)

Perch

Re: [Perchpole] Website Membership - Log-in Pop-up

Actually, it seems I spoke to soon. It doesn't work properly at all.

The pop-up closes even if the login details are wrong - which isn't brilliant!

I need to find out more...

:os

Perch

Re: [Toledoh] Website Membership - Log-in Pop-up

By Perchpole - May 30, 2012 - edited: May 30, 2012

Hi, Tim -

Thanks for your input. This issue came about due to the introduction of Website Comments in my current project.

I found that users would arrive on a page where they could leave a comment - then they would need to go to another page to log-in - which would then "bounce" them on to another (POST_LOGIN_URL) page!

The poor user then had to find their way back again...

I just wondered if I could avoid some of these steps by (A) using a pop-up window for the log-in form or (B) making WSM bounce users back to the page they came from before they logged in.

I would prefer to pursue the pop-up option but I'm having difficulty finding a system which works in every eventuality. So far none of them do.

I like your pull-down, but I don't think there is any error checking if the user data is incorrect. I want to avoid that kind of issue.

:0/

Perch