Using the database plugin...

5 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder: Plugins & Add-ons
Last Post: July 3, 2012   (RSS)

By Footplate - June 29, 2012

Hi, having used your CMS on another website I know of its ease of use. However I am looking into building another site for another client - unfortunately my csv knowledge is limited.

What I wanted to know is if I purchased the database plugin and installed it, then uploaded a csv file to it would it amend and alter the original csv file once hosted on the website? Or would I need to keep updating a table, save it as a csv then upload it again? Does you set up have this capability?

Also how would it display each row? Would it be as single entries or like looking at a table?

What I want is to upload a csv file from a pre made table in excel of access then have all the records up-datable on the site via form - like adding a new news article? Having an eCommerce site would be the ideal answer but this not an option.

Best Wishes Richard

Re: [Footplate] Using the database plugin...

By Jason - July 2, 2012

Hi Richard,

So are you looking to do all of your edits in a CSV file, and then upload them to your site through the CSV Import plugin?

If so, each row would be a single record in the database. How these records are displayed on your site, would be up to you. Does this sounds like what you're looking for?

Hope this helps,
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [Jason] Using the database plugin...

By Footplate - July 2, 2012

Sort of. I have stock lists which are based in Microsoft Excell. To save typing everything again I would like to upload that file. Then if I need to I can make changes to a record once uploaded.

Then would it be possible to export this data back say if I wanted to produce a stock list? Or is there even another plugin that would export this as a pdf?

Regards Richard

Re: [Jason] Using the database plugin...

By Footplate - July 3, 2012

Thanks Jason that answers my question!

When I have the approval sorted I will be adding a couple of things to the package...

Best Wishes Rich