Flickr and phpFlickr

8 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: December 3, 2012   (RSS)

Hello, All -

I've been working very closely with the Flickr API for a week in an attempt to incorporate a Flickr gallery into a CMSB site. I'm using phpFlickr - which is a sort of php API extension.

It all works well until I try to run CMSB and phpFlickr on the same page. At that point I run into session conflicts.

Unfortunately I don't know enough about php to understand whether or not these issues are insurmountable.

I've attached a copy of phpFlickr to this message and would welcome any advice.

:0/

Perch
Attachments:

phpflickr.php 84K

Re: [Perchpole] Flickr and phpFlickr

By Dave - November 30, 2012

Hi Perch,

Is this for a frontend website? And are you using website membership as well? And are you loading phpFlickr.php before or after viewer_functions.php (and does that make a difference).

Let me know some more details and I'll try to help.

Thanks!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Flickr and phpFlickr

Hi, Dave -

Thanks for your help.

This page would appear on the frontend of the website. It is designed to replace the gallery section of a CMSB driven site. (The strain on the server proved too great so I am attempting to offload the image presentation on to Flickr.)

The site does use website membership.

The browser displays two different errors depending on whether viewer_functions.php is called before phpFlickr.php or after.

viewer_functions.php before phpFlickr.php:

Couldn't start session! 'session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /server/path/htdocs/testPage.php:3)'!

viewer_functions.php after phpFlickr.php:
Warning: ini_set(): A session is active. You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time in /server/path/htdocs/cmsb/lib/init.php on line 395 Couldn't start session! 'A session had already been started - ignoring session_start()'!

Any clues?

:0)

Perch

By Dave - December 3, 2012

Hi Perch,

I'd try loading viewer_functions first and then commenting out the session_start code in phpFlickr.

If that doesn't work, feel free to email some details at dave@interactivetools.com and I can take a look for you.

Hope that helps!
interactivetools.com

Hi, Dave -

Thanks. That did it!

For anyone considering a Flickr/CMSB integration, here is the result:

http://www.titchmarsh.info/index.php?cat=96

It's not quite perfect yet and there's still some work to do but I think this is an avenue worthy of a closer look.

Perch

By Dave - December 3, 2012

Look great, nice work! :)

Perch, by the way, did you get my last email on the cart project? I wanted to make sure I wasn't getting caught in the spam filter! :) Cheers
interactivetools.com

Yes! My fault. Will be in touch!