TinyMCE not displaying

7 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: January 6, 2013   (RSS)

By mmccoll - January 5, 2013

We have been using CMS Builder without any issues for some time.  All of a sudden the WYSIWYG TinyMCE editor will not display.

It isn't a browser issue because the online demo works fine on my PC.  I have deleted the tiny_mce_cache file and deleted the tinymce folder and reloaded it, but neither option resolved the issue.

Any other suggestions?

By gkornbluth - January 5, 2013 - edited: January 5, 2013

Hi mmccoll,

I assume that you mean that you're seeing text boxes instead of WYSIWYG  boxes in your editors when adding or modifying records?

Does the WYSIWYG issue persist on other computers?

If not, then it's something with your particular browser or system setup. Try clearing the cache on your browser and see if that makes a difference.

If it's a consistent issue, does it appear on just some editors and fields and nor others?

If only some of your fields have this issue, check to see if the field type is still correct for those fields.

If it's a site wide issue, one possibility is to re-upload a complete installation of CMSB. (preferably with the latest version). This approach is usually easier then trying to find a particular file that may have become corrupted.

***VERY IMPORTANT!!! Don't forget to backup your database and download a copy of all current files in the on-line CMSB cmsAdmin folder before you start.***

You mentioned a demo..If you're using the CMSB demo mode, that is a separate installation and you should back that up and upgrade it as well.

For both upgrades, you'll have to update any custom modified CMSB files after the update because these will be overwritten with the new ones..

This usually fixes any anomalies, or at least insure that the issue is not with your installation.

Hope that helps,

Jerry Kornbluth

The first CMS Builder reference book is now available on-line!

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php

It does persist on other computers.  Our site isn't in demo mode, I was referring to the demo on the interactivetools website.

I am definitely open to upgrading to the latest version.  How do I get the upgrade? 

Thank you for your assistance.

I upgraded to latest version (2.50) but issue persists.  I don't get a text box where TinyMCE should be, it is just blank.

By gkornbluth - January 5, 2013 - edited: January 5, 2013

What exactly do you mean by "blank"? An empty box?

Can you upload a screenshot?

Do All of your WYSIWYG fields have the same issue, site wide?

Create a dummy single record editor and it should have a wysiwyg field called content.

Does the new dummy record field show as wysiwyg or blank like your others?

Jerry Kornbluth

The first CMS Builder reference book is now available on-line!

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php

By mmccoll - January 6, 2013

I was able to fix it.  Once I uploaded the new version of CMSB I changed the file permissions in the tinymce folder and it is working again.  Thanks for your time.