search feature old version cms builder 1.12

2 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: March 14, 2013   (RSS)

Hi Biorn,

The best option is to use multiple getListRows functions and combine them into a single array to display the results, something like this would work:

$options = array(); // NOTE: see online documentation for more details on these options
  $options['tableName'] = 'industrynews'; // (REQUIRED) MySQL tablename to list record from. Example: 'article';
  $options['titleField'] = 'title'; // (optional) MySQL fieldname used in viewer url for search engines. Example: 'title' would display: viewer.php/article_title_here-123
  $options['viewerUrl'] = 'industrynewsPage.php'; // (optional) URL of viewer page. Example: '/articles/view.php';
  $options['perPage'] = '17'; // (optional) The number of records to display per page. Example: '5'; Defaults to 10.
  $options['orderBy'] = 'featured_article DESC, date DESC, title'; // (optional) Fieldnames to sort by. Example: 'field1, field2 DESC, field3';
  $options['pageNum'] = ''; // (optional) Page number of results to display. Example: '1'; Defaults to ?page=# value, or 1 if undefined
  $options['where'] = ''; // (ADVANCED) Additional MySQL WHERE conditions. Example: 'fieldname = "value"'
  $options['useSeoUrls'] = ''; // (ADVANCED) Set this to '1' for search engine friendly urls: view.php/123 instead of view.php?123 (not supported on all web servers)
  list($pages, $listDetails) = getListRows($options);

$options = array(); // NOTE: see online documentation for more details on these options
  $options['tableName'] = 'blog'; // (REQUIRED) MySQL tablename to list record from. Example: 'article';
  $options['titleField'] = 'title'; // (optional) MySQL fieldname used in viewer url for search engines. Example: 'title' would display: viewer.php/article_title_here-123
  $options['viewerUrl'] = 'blog.php'; // (optional) URL of viewer page. Example: '/articles/view.php';
  $options['perPage'] = '17'; // (optional) The number of records to display per page. Example: '5'; Defaults to 10.
  $options['orderBy'] = 'featured_article DESC, date DESC, title'; // (optional) Fieldnames to sort by. Example: 'field1, field2 DESC, field3';
  $options['pageNum'] = ''; // (optional) Page number of results to display. Example: '1'; Defaults to ?page=# value, or 1 if undefined
  $options['where'] = ''; // (ADVANCED) Additional MySQL WHERE conditions. Example: 'fieldname = "value"'
  $options['useSeoUrls'] = ''; // (ADVANCED) Set this to '1' for search engine friendly urls: view.php/123 instead of view.php?123 (not supported on all web servers)
  list($blogs, $listDetails) = getListRows($options);

$searchResults = array();

$i= 0;
  foreach($blogs as $blog){
    $searchResults[$i]['title'] = $blog['title'];
    $searchResults[$i]['desc'] = $blog['content'];
    $searchResults[$i]['link'] = '/blog.php?num='.$blog['num'];
    $i++;
  }

foreach($pages as $page){
    $searchResults[$i]['title'] = $page['title'];
    $searchResults[$i]['desc'] = $page['content'];
    $searchResults[$i]['link'] = '/page.php?num='.$page['num'];
    $i++;
  }

?>
  <ul>
  <?php foreach($searchResults as $result): ?>
    <li><b><a href="<?php echo $result['link']; ?>" ><?php echo $result['title']; ?></a></b><?php echo $result['desc']; ?></li>
  <?php endforeach; ?>
  </ul>

</body>
</html>

This is just example code, so you'll need to make a few changes to get it working with your site. 

So I've searched two tables using the getListRows function, then I'm cycling through the results of both and adding the fields I want to use to the search Results array. Then I display its content in a html list.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Greg

Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com