403 Not Found Error

8 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: March 18, 2013   (RSS)

By Perchpole - March 15, 2013

Hi, Gang -

I added a new single-page editor called Globals (globals). It has about 10 fields used for defining the basic site settings.

Today I went to change one of the settings and as soon as I clicked on the link I was greeted with a blank 403 error page:

Not Found
The requested URL /403.shtml was not found on this server.

Permalinks Dispatcher at domain.co.uk Port 80

I went to Admin > section editors > globals and received the same error message. I can neither modify nor delete the entry.

I checked the database via phpMyAdmin and the globals table looks fine.

I also checked the data > schema folder on the site and globals.ini.php is there too.

Never seen this one before.

:o(

Perch

By Perchpole - March 18, 2013

Hi, Ross -

Thanks for your note. The Globals table is one I've used many times before (on this nad other servers) without problems. That said I could change the name with phpMyAdmin.

Perch

By Codee - March 18, 2013

are you really using a ".shtml" file name convention, or is it really .php?

Hi, Equinox -

The prolem is that there is no .shtml file anywhere on the site. Nor is any .shtml referenced from any file on the site - (not even in the htaccess file).

It's a bit of a mystery...!

:0/

Perch

UPDATE!

I have just changed the name of the table from "globals" to "settings" and hey-presto - it's working again.

I suspect the problem wasn't with the server but with the Permalinks plugin. (which you will see mentioned in the error message above.)

:0s

Perch

By Codee - March 18, 2013

So, it seems you were using a reserved name for your section, so the server was trying to send you a "forbidden" notice but you don't have that error page on your server so it provided a 'not found' for a 403 (typically a reserved access issue) problem? It's cool you got it worked out.

No. As I said earlier, I use a globals table on almost every CMSB set-up I have (20+).

The difference in this case is the site has the Permalinks plugin installed.

Perch