Printed Name tags

5 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: May 21, 2013   (RSS)

By Toledoh - May 16, 2013

Hey All,

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions.

I've got a table of delegates, each with contact details that I can create a QR Code for.  I can also display them in a list view etc.

I want to print them as attached... and there's a few thousand of them. 

I'm thinking of printing the colour, then overprinting the black text from a PDF created using the PDF plugin.

Any other suggestions?

Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)
Attachments:

sample-pma-name-badge.pdf 267K

By gkornbluth - May 16, 2013 - edited: May 16, 2013

Hi Tim,

I've attached the approach that I used to create a spreadsheet for a similar situation, wall labels for the works at a large exhibition.

There's a lot of code to make sure that names and other stuff are formatted correctly (Caps, Roman numerals, etc.) that might help.

FYI, I found that the PDF plugin has a lot of issues with paging that includes images, but it might work if the page (label) lengths are correct to start.

I also find that pre-printing color in a laser printer sometimes leads to ghosting as the paper and roller re-heat for the B/W pass.

It might be easier to format things with a spreadsheet approach and then print the actual labels in word or some such.

Good luck, and let us know your final solution.

Best,

Jerry Kornbluth

The first CMS Builder reference book is now available on-line!

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php
Attachments:

labels-spread.php 16K

By Toledoh - May 16, 2013

Thanks Jerry.

Have you got a URL where I can see this is action?

Thanks!

Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)

By gkornbluth - May 21, 2013

Hi Tim,

Ever get this sorted out?

Jerry Kornbluth

The first CMS Builder reference book is now available on-line!

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php