Suggestions for an Attendance Tracking application?

23 posts by 4 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: May 29, 2013   (RSS)

By gregThomas - May 15, 2013

Hi Jerry, 

What about having a two step process. On the first page they select a user by entering their ID or e-mail address, then on a second page all of the salons are listed with checkboxes against there names, pre checked if the user already has that salon selected. Then they can update the users salons by checking/unchecking as appropriate. This way the system would be dynamic and no changes would need to be made when new salons were added. 

Cheers

Greg

Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com

By gkornbluth - May 15, 2013 - edited: May 19, 2013

Hi Greg,

Thanks for sticking with this one.

I've been trying to simplify the sign-in process, so adding a second level for the attendee to deal with would only complicate matters.

However, It would be OK if the one simple form had to go through a second page before the sign-in was confirmed (as long as it ended up on the original sign in form for the next attendee).

The searching of attendance records done by admins after the fact for statistical purposes and for email list generation.

WHERE I AM RIGHT NOW...

The salon_name field is a multi value check box  list  field that pulls it's possible values from records in another database (option values from the ‘num’ field and option labels from the ‘title’ field).

The sign in form for the AWC series update the values of salon_name with:  

$query = "UPDATE `{$TABLE_PREFIX}salon_listings` SET
salon_name = '1',

('1' is the record number associated with the salon_name “AWC”)

Unfortunately, this replaces the existing value for salon_name with the new one, instead of adding the new value to the multi-value list.

WHERE I NEED TO BE...

I need to add the new value to the salon_name field (if it doesn’t already exist).

Also, I would rather specify the value to be added as an alpha value, instead of the numeric value (the record number), so I guess that there would need to be some way of translating the numerical value expected into the alpha value (title field) for that value.

Thanks,

Jerry Kornbluth

The first CMS Builder reference book is now available on-line!

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php