Cloning a GPT Partitioned Disk

3 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: July 16, 2013   (RSS)

By gregThomas - July 16, 2013

Hi Jerry,

Making a full backup of your laptops is a good idea.

You've probably already heard of dropbox, but if not, it's a free "cloud" back up/access from anywhere solution that gives you a directory in your documents folder that you can store important files in, and then they get automatically backed up to a server. You get 2GB of free space, but if you jump through some hoops it's easy to unlock more space, or you can pay to have a certain amount of space each month.

I use it to store really important documents, photos, etc, the advantage being that it's off site backup, plus you can access old revisions of your documents. It works with Windows, Mac, Linux, Android and iOS. 

Cheers

Greg

Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com

By gkornbluth - July 16, 2013

Hi Greg,

Forgot to mention that I've been using CrashPlan for backing up data files in addition to the clones.

Their family unlimited plan allows me to back up all computers in the house on line, on the same account, with no data limit.

Not an endorsement, but their 4 year subscription brings the price for unlimited data storage down to about $9 per month (US Dollars)

It's somewhat slow during the initial all file backup, but OK after that.

Jerry Kornbluth

The first CMS Builder reference book is now available on-line!

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php