Ignore most current upload

7 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: September 5, 2014   (RSS)

By Mikey - September 4, 2014

I need to create a method to ignore and not display the most current record created in a multi-list, and only display 4 of the previously created multi-list records. So for example if "Record 12" is the most current, then records 11-7 will be displayed on the site, but record 12 would not. Once record 13 is created, then record 13 would not be displayed, but records 12-8 would be displayed.

Yea I know this sounds a bit strange, but it's what I need to accomplish.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to accomplish this?

Thanks Zick

Hey Zicky, 

The simplest solution would be to not display the first record when you're looping through them:

<?php foreach($records as $key => $record): ?>
  <?php if($key == 0){ continue; } ?>

//DISPLAY CONTENTS OF RECORDS HERE

<?php endforeach; ?>

So this code will loop through a list of items in an array (I'm assuming you're getting the records using the getRecords function). But if the item has a key of 0 (ie, it's the first in the list), it will not be displayed.

Cheers,

Greg

Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com

By Mikey - September 4, 2014

Hey Greg - thanks for the suggestion. Something happening, as it's removing all the records, not just the latest record. I've tried a few different configurations on your code and browsed the forum for tips that may help me get this figured out with no luck.

I am using the getRecords function.

Hi Zicky,

Would it be possible to post/attach the code you've got so far so I can see what might be causing the issue?

Cheers,

Greg

Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com

By Mikey - September 5, 2014

Greg - can I email it to you instead?

By Mikey - September 5, 2014

Thanks Greg!

You're the man! It's working like a charm.
Thanks for the help.

Zick