Can't access error log in 2.64

5 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: June 18, 2015   (RSS)

By gkornbluth - June 17, 2015 - edited: June 17, 2015

Hi All,

I'm getting a 500 error (IE) and a blank page (Firefox)  when I try to access the error log (2.64).

I tried restoring an earlier database (when the error log was working), re-uploading the error log action handler and .ini files but no luck.

I can look at the error log in PHPMyAdmin and it shows 960 records.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jerry Kornbluth

The first CMS Builder reference book is now available on-line!

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php

By Dave - June 18, 2015

Try showing only 5 records at a time with this link: ?menu=_error_log&perPage=5

Maybe it's running out of memory? 

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

By gkornbluth - June 18, 2015

Good catch, Mr Dave...

the perPage limit worked, and the last number of errors were in fact out of memory errors.

Since the error log seems to have a tendency to grow over time, is there any way that you can include a fixed per page limit of say 100 in the works for a future version update?

Or would you suggest a different approach?

Thanks as always,

Jerry Kornbluth

The first CMS Builder reference book is now available on-line!

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php

By Dave - June 18, 2015

Hmm, do you know what your memory limit is? 

It can log a lot of data, like if you load 50 megs of records into a variable.  It will log that.  And it's all getting loaded on the list page.  So there's definitely some optimizations there.  I'm not sure exactly what they'll be but we'll keep an eye on it.

Also, we're going to rename something like "Developer Log" or "Debug Log" so it's less scary for end users who have access to the Admin menu.  Do you think that would have helped for your client? 

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com