Facebook links to my site details page are broken

2 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: May 29   (RSS)

I have a gallery of videos running on a website. There's a list page where you can browse the various videos, and links to the video on the details page to watch. When I click the link to the details page of the video and copy the URL and paste the link into Facebook, the post displays everything fine, but when you click the link the additional code Facebook adds breaks the link and the resulting page displays "Record Not Founbd".

Anyone have any suggestions how to fix this so the links work after Facebook adds their additional tracking code?

I've tried the following with no luck so far:

I tried CMSB code with a trailing / slash:
<a href="<?php echo $record['_link'] ?>/" title="<?php echo htmlencode($record['title']) ?>"><?php echo htmlencode($record['title']) ?></a>

I tried CMSB code as is:
<a href="<?php echo $record['_link'] ?>" title="<?php echo htmlencode($record['title']) ?>"><?php echo htmlencode($record['title']) ?></a>

I tried querying the record number:
<a href="video-showcase.php?<?php echo $record['num'] ?>" title="<?php echo htmlencode($record['title']) ?>"><?php echo htmlencode($record['title']) ?></a>

All the options I have tried above have proved fruitless and the link from Facebook to my website continues to get broken by Facebooks additional code added to the links.

Any suggestions are much appreciated. 

Mikey