login security

2 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder: Plugins & Add-ons
Last Post: September 6   (RSS)

By ht1080z - August 28 - edited: August 28

Hi,

I'm using the cmsBv3.56 (Build 2304) with Website Membership 1.13 and I need to beef up the front-end login security with one of these (now using only the standard cmsb login page):

1. Implement Rate Limiting: Limit the number of login attempts per IP address within a specific timeframe. For example, allow only 5 login attempts per minute from a single IP address.

2. Account Lockout Mechanism: Implement an account lockout mechanism that temporarily locks an account after a certain number of failed login attempts (e.g., 5 failed attempts). Ensure that users are notified when their accounts are locked and provide a secure process for unlocking.

3. CAPTCHA Implementation: Introduce CAPTCHA challenges after a specified number of failed login attempts to ensure that automated bots cannot continue brute force attempts.

4. Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA): To add an extra layer of security, require users to enable multi-factor authentication. Even if an attacker guesses the password, they still need the second factor to gain access.

Is there any working solution that I can implement and you can recommend?

Karls