Is there a function to send a text message (sms) when a form is submitted to CMSB?

6 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: September 12   (RSS)

Hoping someone else has had this request before? My client would like to receive a text message when a form is submitted to CMSB on her site.  How easy/difficult/secure is this?

Hi Tim,

I thought of that...as I've had the plugin for some time but never have used it before.  I have no clue how to modify it to trigger.  It only needs one phone number and will be utilized for only one trigger purpose (an application form submitted to CMSB).  Do I need to send in a request for custom build?

By Codee - September 11 - edited: September 11

I thought of that...as I've had the plugin for some time but never have used it before. So I gave it a shot. Followed the readme.txt instructions and set up textlocal option, added the info to the 2 fields in the plugin, uploaded the plugin. When I click to "Activate" the plugin I get a white screen with the following error:

loadINI: Undefined array key "isExpired"

so I deleted the plugin from the site but when I went to login to CMSB that page error comes up.  I deleted cookies/history/temp and still happens...in any browser.

Hi Codee, 

That's a column from the accounts table, is it possible that table or schema file was modified or erased?

Feel free to send in a second level support ticket if you're stuck and we'll try to help.

Thanks

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Hmmm...I suppose it's possible but not intentional.  I am fairly certain it hasn't been modified since install other than adding an account or deleting one. To get the site back up I ftp'd in, deleted the plugin but still got errors so I ftp'd back in and searched for any files modified during that same time frame and uploaded the previous time's files over them.  Site is running again but the outward sms plugin is not on it currently.  I'll fill in a second level request as you stated. Thank you.