Upgrading local dev server on mac ... v3.12 (Build 2163) to 3.71 using local Mac finder, can't use merge or replace option

3 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: September 12   (RSS)

Hi there. Been a loyal CMSBuilder fan for years now. I am having an issue upgrading on my local dev machine. M3 Mac Sonoma 14.6.1. I am using MAMP for my PHP/MySQL server.

When I try to drag the new cmsb folder into my old directory, I get only stop and replace option. Replace removes all the old files and re-writes the directories like it is a new install. So, I tried to copy/paste into the folder which gives me a merge option... but since I just pulled these old site files down via FTP to my machine, the 'old' files are actually newer than the upgrade files from June.

Any thoughts on this? Do I have to FTP the cmsb upgrade files up to the production site to upgrade? I have made backups of everything, but yikes, it would be better for me to upgrade locally to make sure all works with PHP 8.2 before pushing to prod.

Just wondering if you all have had this issue when upgrading on a mac dev machine and possibly used some other method to upgrade CMSB on a mac using MAMP.

Thanks!

Thanks Dave. Yes, this was due to me trying to do it all locally on my Mac. There was no way that I could get it to NOT overwrite the old files. Merge was not working. I finally made sure I had a full backup of the old version and bit the bullet and used FTP to upload /cmsb/ up to the live site. Luckily all worked out well. v3.12 (Build 2163) to 3.71 upgrade went well. Thanks for responding!