Help on creating a print button from editor CMSB 3.73 and QR code Generator 1.02

2 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: 22 hours ago   (RSS)

I have a use case for printing a product label with price, image, details and QR code with permalink. I want to define a label that can be printed to card stock or a label printer. The HTML and CSS are more or less straightforward. Ideally, once the record is saved and the permalink is generated, I would like the user to be able to print a label either singularly or in bulk from the record or list page within CMSB. I have installed the QR code generator (updating the  $chartUrl link per another post) and have the QR code showing on the record page.

I will write a plugin to accomplish the task. Has anyone done this before, and do they have any suggestions?

BACKGROUND:

The project is to build a Kiosk app for an art gallery. The app will allow public access on-site to preview the art and show its location within the building. The kiosk will use an internet-based website built with CMSB, which will also be accessible from anywhere.

When the curator receives a new piece of artwork, they add it to the database with all the pertinent information and then print the label to be placed beside the artwork. The guest can scan the QR code and immediately bring up the detail page from their phone as they walk around the gallery space. The detail page will also allow them to purchase the artwork via a buy now button.

Jeff Shields