CMS Builder or Listing Manager

6 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: December 1, 2010   (RSS)

By (Deleted User) - December 5, 2008 - edited: December 5, 2008

[font "Times New Roman"]Hi,

[font "Times New Roman"]I have a site I would like to make from scratch for a manufacturer. They have lots of products and each product will have special fields. They have 2 types of products. Some are consumables. (Lets assume rolls of plastic tape). Some are machinery. (Lets assume tape machines and tape dispensers to use the plastic tape). I need to enter all products for them and have two different templates to display the results. So lets say when a site visitor clicks on the heading “Plastic Tape” it will display the results in a template that will show TAPE WIDTH, TAPE LENGTH, TAPE COLOR, etc. If a site visitor clicks on lets say “Tape Machines” it will display the results in a template that will show MACHINE MODE, TAPE SPEED, VOLTAGE, etc.

[font "Times New Roman"]I was thinking to use “Listing Manager (Realty Manager) from Interactive Tools since I had already used it on a project and I was very happy how easy I could modify templates, etc.

[font "Times New Roman"]Now I just discovered CMS Builder. So here are two questions:

[font "Times New Roman"]1) Can I use CMS Builder instead of Listing Manager. Can I add products and add custom fields to the products and can I use more than one template to display search results. Or maybe, do I need "Both", CMS Builder to make the site and Listing Manager for the product listings?

[font "Times New Roman"]2) Can I use CMS Builder on its own to design the entire site, or do I need a graphic web program like lets say Frontpage or Dreamweaver. If I make the site on CMS Builder on its own, how do I design the actual pages? Templates?

Re: [Dave] CMS Builder or Listing Manager

By (Deleted User) - December 6, 2008

Thanks for your reply.

Still wondering... do I need a design software or can I do everything in CMS Builder? With Realty Manager (Listing Manager), I designed the site in Frontpage and edited all the templates there. Can I do the entire site in CMS Builder similar to Joomla?

Re: [RapidWeb] CMS Builder or Listing Manager

By Dave - December 8, 2008

Hi RapidWeb,

You will need design software. CMS Builder just provides the code that makes your newly created website pull it's data from the database and a system for easily updating that data in the database.

Hope that helps, let me know if you have any other questions.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] CMS Builder or Listing Manager

By (Deleted User) - November 30, 2010

This is an old thread but I just read some of my post. I did do the site in late 2008 with CMS Builder. Here it is:

http://www.qualitystrapping.com/

Designed in Dreamweaver, they are simple HTML pages with the code inserted from CMS Builder.

I also wanted to say that I have used Interactive Tools products for a few years now and have NEVER EVER dealt with a software company so dedicated to its clients. The software is great. It works. It is fast. The people behind the products are freindly and always helpful.

Re: [RapidWeb] CMS Builder or Listing Manager

By Dave - December 1, 2010

Hi RapidWeb,

That's great, thanks for posting back and for your kind words. :)

If you'd like to submit your site to the showcase I think it would be a great example of an industrial supply site:
http://www.interactivetools.com/showcase/

All the best,
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com