Few questions about CMSB

5 posts by 4 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: January 31, 2012   (RSS)

Re: [kisae] Few questions about CMSB

By ross - December 11, 2008

Hi.

Thanks for posting!

I'll go over your questions one at a time :).

1a. There will be a bunch of ways to have latest headines show up pretty easily.

1b. Most viewed would be trickier though as the system doesn't keep track of that itself. If you were comfortable working in PHP, you could add some code yourself to handle that, but it would go beyond what our support would be able to help out with. I am sure there are lots of ready made scripts that you could use though.

1c. Related articles can be done with a little bit of extra work. You would basically enter some keywords into a specific field when you create the article. There are a few ways to fully implement it though.

2. Navigation links are typically hardcoded. So you would setup the main pages and then set the navigation to them once you know what the URLs are.

How does that all sound? Let me know what you think :).
-----------------------------------------------------------
Cheers,
Ross Fairbairn - Consulting
consulting@interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
Template changes, advanced features, full integration, whatever you
need. Whether you need one hour or fifty, get it done fast with
Priority Consulting: http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [kisae] Few questions about CMSB

By Dave - December 12, 2008

For most viewed you first need to create a view or "hit" counter, then have a page that lists records sorted by most hits.

You can create a hit counter like this:

Create a field called 'hits' (or whatever you want to call it) add this in your page. Then use this code. This first field is the tablename, the second field is the fieldname, and the third field is the record number

<?php incrementCounterField('news', 'hits', $newsRecord['num']); ?>

It takes a little more experimenting than the basics but it can be done.

Hope that helps.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Few questions about CMSB

I have a similar question.. I tried adding this code but doesnt seem to work.. keep getting an error

Notice: Undefined index: num in /XXXXXX/index_banner.php on line 226 incrementCounterField: No 'recordNumber' value specified!

I have a site that has web banners.. I have the web banners setup to show 1 Random banner. The client would like to know how many impressions for each banner..

I used this snippet..

<?php incrementCounterField('rectangles', 'impressions', $rectanglesRecords['num']); ?>

any help would be greatly appreciated!! :)

Re: [s2smedia] Few questions about CMSB

By Dave - January 31, 2012

Hi s2smedia,

Maybe you need $rectanglesRecord['num'] (without the s)?

Or if that doesn't work, attach your viewer file and we'll take a look.

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com