Few questions about CMSB

5 posts by 4 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: January 31, 2012   (RSS)

By kisae - December 11, 2008

Hello,

I am currently trying to build a large content based site and I just have a two questions about cmsb before I purchase it.

1. On each article, is there a way to link "Latest Articles", "Most Viewed", "Related", etc...?

2. I somewhat understand generating the code and pasting it into the template html, but how do the navigation links work? Do I have to manually create and manage it?

Re: [kisae] Few questions about CMSB

By Dave - December 12, 2008

For most viewed you first need to create a view or "hit" counter, then have a page that lists records sorted by most hits.

You can create a hit counter like this:

Create a field called 'hits' (or whatever you want to call it) add this in your page. Then use this code. This first field is the tablename, the second field is the fieldname, and the third field is the record number

<?php incrementCounterField('news', 'hits', $newsRecord['num']); ?>

It takes a little more experimenting than the basics but it can be done.

Hope that helps.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Few questions about CMSB

I have a similar question.. I tried adding this code but doesnt seem to work.. keep getting an error

Notice: Undefined index: num in /XXXXXX/index_banner.php on line 226 incrementCounterField: No 'recordNumber' value specified!

I have a site that has web banners.. I have the web banners setup to show 1 Random banner. The client would like to know how many impressions for each banner..

I used this snippet..

<?php incrementCounterField('rectangles', 'impressions', $rectanglesRecords['num']); ?>

any help would be greatly appreciated!! :)

Re: [s2smedia] Few questions about CMSB

By Dave - January 31, 2012

Hi s2smedia,

Maybe you need $rectanglesRecord['num'] (without the s)?

Or if that doesn't work, attach your viewer file and we'll take a look.

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com