Using CMS to Populate Pull Down Menu, Add New Pages

3 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: March 17, 2009   (RSS)

By meg - March 17, 2009

First of all, I've used your product before with other clients and have been very happy. I'm currently mapping out a new project and have a few questions:

Can I use your CMS to populate sub-categories in a pull down menu? If so, do I need to set-up my page settings differently (single or multi) or include a different PHP heading on the page? I'm looking to understand the workflow for this set-up. Does it matter if it's a CSS menu vs. an AJAX menu?

Is there a way for my client to add new pages on the fly and assign them under specific categories within the pull down-menu? Does the client need to be an admin to add new pages? What permissions level do they have to be to control that function? Would they use the Sections Editor to create a new page or is there another way?

Thanks in advance for your assistance with this.

Re: [meg] Using CMS to Populate Pull Down Menu, Add New Pages

By Dave - March 17, 2009

Hi meg,

I'll just add to this that the "Category" section type lets you have records in a hiearacy or tree structure and there's some sample code (linked below) that lets you output it as a unordered list (<ul><li> .... </li></ul>) which is the format most CSS menus take their data in.

The viewer attached to this post shows how:
http://www.interactivetools.com/forum/gforum.cgi?post=64259

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com