Using CMS to Populate Pull Down Menu, Add New Pages

3 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: March 17, 2009   (RSS)

By meg - March 17, 2009

First of all, I've used your product before with other clients and have been very happy. I'm currently mapping out a new project and have a few questions:

Can I use your CMS to populate sub-categories in a pull down menu? If so, do I need to set-up my page settings differently (single or multi) or include a different PHP heading on the page? I'm looking to understand the workflow for this set-up. Does it matter if it's a CSS menu vs. an AJAX menu?

Is there a way for my client to add new pages on the fly and assign them under specific categories within the pull down-menu? Does the client need to be an admin to add new pages? What permissions level do they have to be to control that function? Would they use the Sections Editor to create a new page or is there another way?

Thanks in advance for your assistance with this.

Re: [meg] Using CMS to Populate Pull Down Menu, Add New Pages

By ross - March 17, 2009

Hi Meg

Thanks for posting!

There are a few different ways to handle categories in CMS Builder but they will all involve a drop down that lets you chose the category for every article.

The header code is a little different but not that much more difficult so you shouldn't have any trouble there.

I definitely recommend going with a CSS menu as it will be easier to work with.

And in terms of access level, you can still set everyone up as the lowest level if you like. They will still be able to create new articles and choose what category. You can even have it setup to let them create new categories if you like.

Let me know what you think :).
-----------------------------------------------------------
Cheers,
Ross Fairbairn - Consulting
consulting@interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
Template changes, advanced features, full integration, whatever you
need. Whether you need one hour or fifty, get it done fast with
Priority Consulting: http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/