News Headlines Only

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: June 16, 2009   (RSS)

I am using the CMS system to build a site and I am trying to find a way when I create a section editor fro news to display just the headlines and a brief story about the posting and possibly a link to read the whole article. I am not sure how to do this, I know it is possible I just do not know where to look.

Re: [ross] News Headlines Only

Ross, I apprecaite the reply but I think I have figured out the best way to complete part of my required task. I do not have it visible on the web yet but the section editor will have a title (the headline) a summary, and the full content. I will generate the code that will display the headline and summary but I was trying to figure out a way to auto create a "read more" link that will popup or go to the selected story in all of it glory. I guess I will have to do what I want then get you to help me from there if possible.

Re: [wthigginbotham] News Headlines Only

By ross - June 16, 2009

Hi there.

From what I am reading, it really sounds like what you are trying to setup here is exactly what CMS Builder does :).

When you generate the code for your section, there will be a field that you can use for the link to your full page. It will look something like this:

<a href="<?php echo $record['_link']; ?>Read More</a>

It sounds like you are on the right track though so keep at it and let me know if you need a hand with anything along the way :).
-----------------------------------------------------------
Cheers,
Ross Fairbairn - Consulting
consulting@interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
Template changes, advanced features, full integration, whatever you
need. Whether you need one hour or fifty, get it done fast with
Priority Consulting: http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/