NewsletterBuilder v1.01 - Small Bugs

By northernpenguin - September 3, 2012 - edited: September 3, 2012

I found a couple of bugs in v1.01.

First, the plugin is still registered as v1.00. Not a major issue, but I thought I had uploaded the wrong version and uploaded it a second time. I hadn't made any errors.

Second, I believe this may be an issue with tinyMCE. For some reason, I cannot insert a line between paragraphs. It have tried inserting <br /> and <p></p> , but it still does not produce a blank line between paragraphs.

I also created a test page with a wysiwyg field in CMSB, entered a couple of paragraphs, inserted <p> </p> and everything worked fine, there was a blank line generated between the paragraphs.

This is a bit weird, as I would have thought you were using the identical tinyMCE version for both!

Any ideas??

Ragi

Update: The emailed newsletter renders fine with the line spaces on my iPad & iPhone, but not my Rogers Yahoo email (I am using FF on a Mac).
--
northernpenguin
Northern Penguin Technologies

"Any sufficiently advanced technology
is indistinguishable from magic."
........Arthur C. Clarke

Re: [northernpenguin] NewsletterBuilder v1.01 - Small Bugs

By Dave - September 3, 2012

Hi Ragi,

Thanks for the report.

I've updated the version in the plugin so it shows 1.01 instead of 1.00.

For the HTML issue, are you just entering the content or copying and pasting HTML from somewhere else? And when you view-source on Rogers Yahoo Mail has it received the same HTML content as you entered?

Also note that you can press shift-enter in tinyMCE to enter a line-break instead of a new paragraph.

I entered the following content as a test (first selecting and erasing all the default content in the create message form):
This is a test message (press enter)

And a second paragraph (press enter)

And 3 lines one after another(shift-enter)
line 2 (shift-enter)
line 3 (just enter)

And a closing paragraph

#unsubscribe_url#

I clicked on the TinyMCE HTML button and it showed this:
<p>This is a test message (press enter)</p>
<p>And a second paragraph (press enter)</p>
<p>And 3 lines one after another(shift-enter)<br />line 2 (shift-enter)<br />line 3 (just enter)</p>
<p>And a closing paragraph</p>
<p>#unsubscribe_url#</p>

And sent it to my gmail account, confirmed it looked as above, and clicked "Show Original" to see the email source which was as follows:
Content-Type: text/html;
charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<p>This is a test message (press enter)</p>
<p>And a second paragraph (press enter)</p>
<p>And 3 lines one after another(shift-enter)<br />line 2
(shift-enter)<br />line 3=C2=A0(just enter)</p>
<p>And a closing paragraph</p>
<p>http://www.interactivetools.com/news/manage.php?u=3D1</p>

Which, ignoring the email encoding (=3D, etc) looks the same.

Do you want to try the same test and see what results you're getting?

If it's not something technical to do with the mailing, it could be the default CSS Rogers Yahoo mail applies to HTML messages.

Let me know what you find out, thanks!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] NewsletterBuilder v1.01 - Small Bugs

Dave: This is a bit confusing. Gmail works fine, Rogers Yahoo doesn't, OpenSRS Webmail 5.5 doesn't. I don't have a Hotmail account, so I can't try it there.

Ragi
--
northernpenguin
Northern Penguin Technologies

"Any sufficiently advanced technology
is indistinguishable from magic."
........Arthur C. Clarke