getting set time limit disabled warning

6 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: August 29, 2013   (RSS)

By TheSeen - August 27, 2013

HI all ... getting a set time limit disabled warning occasionally on web pages from a CMS 2.53 installed today.

Any ideas how I can stop this?

cheers

Hi,

Please could you give me the full text from warning that you're receiving?

This will make it easier to track down exactly where the issue is coming from, although I think the issue might be that the function set_time_limit has been disabled on your hosting service. 

Thanks!

Greg

Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com

By TheSeen - August 28, 2013

Hi Greg ...

Full warning message is:

Warning: set_time_limit() has been disabled for security reasons in ..../cmsAdmin/lib/database_functions.php on line 645

By TheSeen - August 29, 2013

Thanks Greg ... I've double checked with the hosting company and the set_time_limit function is already enabled as a default.

I will have to use your second option to stop the warning from displaying.

Hi Seen,

It might also be worth trying this before you make the change, create a very basic script like this:

<?php

set_time_limit(120);

echo "This is a test script";

?>

and place it on your server and run it.

All the script should do is set the time out limit to 120 seconds and display the line 'This is a test script'.

If it produces the same warning I would contact your hosting company and direct them to the script, and ask them to look into the issue. The issue could also be that they have PHP safe mode enabled on the server, which could also potentially cause this problem.

Thanks!

Greg

Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com