getting set time limit disabled warning

6 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: August 29, 2013   (RSS)

By TheSeen - August 27, 2013

HI all ... getting a set time limit disabled warning occasionally on web pages from a CMS 2.53 installed today.

Any ideas how I can stop this?

cheers

Hi,

Please could you give me the full text from warning that you're receiving?

This will make it easier to track down exactly where the issue is coming from, although I think the issue might be that the function set_time_limit has been disabled on your hosting service. 

Thanks!

Greg

Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com

By TheSeen - August 28, 2013

Hi Greg ...

Full warning message is:

Warning: set_time_limit() has been disabled for security reasons in ..../cmsAdmin/lib/database_functions.php on line 645

Hi Seen,

Thanks for the update.

You have two options:

1) Contact your hosting company and ask them to enable the set_time_limit function. On most hosting companies this function is always enabled, and there is no security threat to using it. 

2) Stop the warning from showing by opening cmsAdmin/lib/database_functions.php, then on line 645 you should see this:

set_time_limit(60*5);  // v2.51 - allow up to 5 minutes to backup/restore database

You just need to add an @ symbol at the beginning to stop the warning displaying:

@set_time_limit(60*5);  // v2.51 - allow up to 5 minutes to backup/restore database

If possible I would use the first option, as option two doesn't resolve the problem, it just stops it from showing. Also we won't be able to support any issues you run into because of this change, as it's changing core CMS Builder functionality. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers!

Greg

Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com

By TheSeen - August 29, 2013

Thanks Greg ... I've double checked with the hosting company and the set_time_limit function is already enabled as a default.

I will have to use your second option to stop the warning from displaying.