Save and Copy button issues with 2.6.3

By In-House-Logic - September 24, 2014 - edited: September 24, 2014

Updated to from 2.5.3 to 2.6.3 on one of our sites yesterday and found that the Save and Copy plugin is behaving badly.

On first attempt to "Save and Copy" a record, it briefly flashes an error dialogue box. Too fast to read in full. I think I saw some reference to "AJAX" in the string but I'm not sure.

No copy is made and we're immediately returned to the List View.

On opening that same record a second time and clicking "Save and Copy" a "Saved" message pops up but no copy is made. We're left with the record editor open as before. Each subsequent attempt to run Save and Copy returns the same issue.

Running plugin v. 1.02 and will look for an updated version. Otherwise, can anyone help?

UPDATE: Installed 1.05 and the behaviour is the same. Still having the same problem.

UPDATE: Caught slightly more of the error message. Definitely something about the ajax request (something else) failing.

Yes, I can confirm that I have done so. The problem persists.

I did find that I can press "Save and Copy", get the "Saved" message, and THEN, if I press just the "Save" button then I do get a duplicate record. But that's not how the plug-in is intended to work.

One of the issues here is that we don't have a "title" field in this editor so we don't see a "Copy of...." placeholder created. That adds to the issue. However, there is no duplicate created unless we first press BOTH the "Save and Copy" and the "Save" buttons.

Just by way of an update, I've tried completely deactivating, uninstalling and removing all evidence of the plugin from the servers. Then left it overnight and uploaded v.1.0.5 and activated it. Then flushed the cache.

The problem continues.

Just by way of an update, I've tried completely deactivating, uninstalling and removing all evidence of the plugin from the servers. Then left it overnight and uploaded v.1.0.5 and activated it. Then flushed the cache.

The problem continues.

By Damon - September 30, 2014

Hi,

Thanks for further testing. I will get one someone on the team here to review and make the updates to the plugin so it works as expected with the current version of CMS Builder.

When it is tested and ready, I will email it too you directly so you can test it too.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Damon Edis - interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Much appreciated, Damon. Looking forward to it.

Cheers,

J.