CMSB v3.70 Released (Jun 3) - Mail Updates & More

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: June 5   (RSS)

By JeffC - June 5

Hi Dave

Related Records are much easier to set up now, thanks.

Can I make a request for a future update? It would be great if the dragsortorder column was included in the list of pulled-in records. It's great that a user can add/delete and modify. If they could drag the order too that would mean we can hide the related table in the navigation.

On a lot of my builds being able to do this would reduce the number of items in the navigation by a significant number, making the admin panel a lot simpler for the end user.

It's not a massive issue, but if it's relatively easy for you to implement perhaps you could consider it?

Jeff

By Dave - June 5

Hi Jeff, 

Try modifying this setting in your /data/settings file (make a backup first of that file and your database)

'advanced' => [
    'allowRelatedRecordsDragSorting' => '0',

The reason we don't enable this by default is that Related Records can something show a subset of the entire record list, and sorting just that subset may change how those records appear in the complete list.

But give it a try and let me know if it works for you or not.

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

By JeffC - June 5

Awesome Dave, that's a game-changer.

I've just reduced the number of items in my navigation by half. We sell our websites on their ease-of-use, and this makes the admin panel so much clearer and less intimidating to users that aren't particularly tech-savvy.

Noted though that it may not be a good idea in all situations!

Jeff