Create New Record HERE

9 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: June 21   (RSS)

Using 3.66 I found a small bug. I am finding that when you go to Database Editor >> choose a section >> and then try to use Insert Field Here (+), it works, but it creates the new field two spots down from where I clicked the (+)

Kenny H

Hi Kenny, 

Good find!  We'll have that fixed in the next beta release. 

To patch it in the current version open /lib/menus/database/editTable_functions.php and search for addField.  Then replace this: 

$link  = "?menu=database&action=editField&addField=1&tableName=".urlencode($tableName)."&order=".($field['order'] + 1).".5&fieldname=";

With this: 

$newOrder = ((int) $field['order']) + 0.5;
$link     = "?menu=database&action=editField&addField=1&tableName=".urlencode($tableName)."&order=$newOrder&fieldname=";

Thanks!

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Ok, now in the 3.69 release, it creates records anywhere from 1-2 spots away where I asked it to. For example, if I try to create any field at the very top of the list, it will always make it the 2nd item in the list below (num) instead of the first. I don't actually need to do this, but it was a part of my testing to find out why it happens sometimes and other times, not.

If I create a tab separator or WYSIWYG, it is off by one space. If I create checkboxes somewhere in the middle of the list, it will place them correctly. I haven't tested everything yet, but I noticed some inconsistencies based on what I am creating and where I want to put it.

This is certainly not a big problem, but I thought you might want to check it out for future releases.

Kenny

Thanks Kenny, 

We'll check this out and get back to you with any questions.

interactivetools.com

Create New Record HERE...but for the sections in cmsb

Hi Dave and Team,

When you correct this issue could you consider adding the function to the Database Editor screen?  For slightly more complicated sites the section editor can get quite long...and I can get lazy. ;-)  It would be a time saver when adding/filling sections.

Create New Record HERE...but for the sections in cmsb

Hi Codee, 

Yea, that's a great idea.  I'll add that one to the queue.  Thanks for the suggestion.

interactivetools.com

Hi Kenny, 

Following up on this one.  With v3.71:

• Create Record Here: It's now inserting right below the record during testing on my local machine.
  • Login Sessions: We haven't seen any login timeouts
  • Editor Spacing: We reverted the checkbox spacing to how it was before for v3.71, but some of the other fields may have less top/bottom margin and require adding a blank separator field for spacing.  This likely changed when we rewrote the field library.  In general, we want to be able to support closer fields for clear logical visual groupings but also allow for adding space when desired (currently by adding a separator).  

If you have any v3.71 installs that aren't working as above or there are still issues feel free to fill out 2nd level support request (or send me some screenshots) and we can take a look.  It's also important to us that we don't change anything that requires you to do a lot of work to "fix" it.  So if the UI changed in a way that doesn't work let us know and we can help.

Thanks!

interactivetools.com

Hi Dave - 

So far everything looks good except for Create Record Here - I sent a separate email about this.

The spacing looks great and I haven't had any issues with the the login sessions. 

Thanks!

Kenny