3.71 - Can't Edit Any Fields

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: July 23   (RSS)

I'm probably being dumb and missing something obvious, but after upgrading to v3.71 I'm finding that I can't edit any fields. So if, say, I go and click 'Modify' on a specific field under the 'Database Editor' then the headings for 'Field Options' and 'Advanced Options' have nothing listed underneath them at all. If I inspect the source code for the page then the fields are all there but the CSS is set to display="none" and the headings aren't click/tap targets, so clicking 'Field Options' does nothing to make the options visible. What am I missing?

As you can imagine, this is kind of a big problem :). I upgraded from v3.66.

Ok figured this one out. Just in case anybody else runs into it, we use the 8G Firewall in .htaccess as an extra layer of protection and one of its lines has this:

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (/)((.*)crlf-?injection|(.*)xss-?protection|__(inc|jsc)|administrator|author-panel|cgi-bin|database|downloader|(db|mysql)-?admin)(/) [NC,OR]

This would normally be fine, but under CMBS it effectively means that requests for anything in a FOLDER with the name "/database" are going to fail, which is what CMSB uses under /menus/database/. But quite why this didn't occur in 3.66, but it did in 3.71 is unclear. Anyway, all fixed.

Hi Mark, 

Glad to hear it's working and thanks for sharing about what caused it.

Cheers! :-)

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com