CMSB v3.72 Beta (Multi Field Sorting, Admin Shortcuts, and Developer Console Updates)

16 posts by 5 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: Yesterday at 11:48am   (RSS)

Hi everyone,

We've just released a beta of v3.72. We've done a major rewrite on many of the components and introduced some cool new features: 

• Multi-Field Sorting: You can now drag-sort multiple fields at a time to quickly re-organize your editors
  • Admin Shortcut Icons: We've added some more admin-only shortcut icons to quickly link between sections
  • Developer Console Updates: Lots of new additions here to make it easy to see exactly what's happening with your data
  • Major Code Rewrite: We've updated almost every file as we modernize the codebase to get it ready for future enhancements.

Video Walkthru: I made a video walkthru of the new features that you can watch here: 

https://www.loom.com/embed/40986d0eb2a64f03a0d49bf892f06bdb?sid=d9e3fb16-2b2f-45bf-8252-519f2d0e2738

Here's the changelog: 

*** August 19, 2024 - Version 3.72 (Multi Field Sorting, Admin Shortcuts, and Developer Console Updates)

SERVER REQUIREMENTS: PHP 8.0+ and MySQL 5.7+ (or MariaDB 10.2+)

NEW FEATURES
- Database > Field Editor: Multi-field drag sorting is now supported for quickly re-ordering multiple fields
- Admin Shortcut Icons: Icons now display beside page headings on hover for admins (can be disabled in settings)
- Security: Passwords are now encrypted using Bcrypt for improved security (existing passwords are updated on login)
- Developer Console: Code window now auto-expands when typing many lines of code
- Developer Console: Clicking on admin shortcuts for a table now displays the first 20 table records on click
- Developer Console: Spacing chars (\r, \n, \t, null, unicode spaces) now displayed as symbols for easier debugging
- Major Code Updates: We've rewritten large amounts of the codebase to be more modern and efficient

MINOR CHANGES
- Database Editor: Menu names and mysql tables now link on hover to menu editors and developer console
- Security Checks: External referers/links warnings now allow users to click to continue if they trust the link
- Menu Icons: Added or updated default menu icons for Accounts and Media menus
- Composer files are now bundled as composer.json.default and composer.lock.default to prevent unintended overwrites
- SSL Certificates: Updated cacert.pem to be loaded via composer/ca-bundle, so it can be automatically updated
- Settings: settings file is now automatically created on install and not included in distribution zip
- ZenDB: Renamed some properties and methods for clarity and consistency, see $obj->help() for info (old names still work)
- ZenDB: Added Field methods: value, int, string, bool, dateFormat, numberFormat, stripTags, trim, nl2br, noEncode
- ZenDB: Added new ResultSet/Row methods: exists, isEmpty

ZenDB Backwards Incompatible Changes
- Note: These changes only impact early adopters who have written custom code using ZenDB, contact us if needed for support making updates
- Queries: Exceptions are now thrown for all MySQL errors, e.g., Error: MySQL Error(1064) ... in [file] on [line]
- Queries: orThrow method is now ignored, use try/catch blocks to catch exceptions
- ResultSet: The ->toArray() function now returns original values instead of HTML-encoded values
- Row class: Warnings are now output when you access undefined columns, e.g., Warning: Undefined column $row->name2 in [file] on [line]
- Field class: Encoding methods (htmlEncode, urlEncode, jsEncode) now return strings directly and must be last in method chains

BUG FIXES
- Database > Field Editor: "Insert Field Here" now adds fields in the correct position
- Field Editor > List: "List options from database" now remembers the previously selected label field
- Developer Console: Fixed issues where selected MySQL column from pulldown wasn't adding it to the query
- Email Templates: Fixed issue where email templates would redirect back to edit page after saving
- Misc Code and other minor improvements.

You can download the latest beta here: https://www.interactivetools.com/download/

Please post (or email) any feedback, questions, concerns, or bugs you find.   Your help beta testing allows us to release new features even faster.

Thanks, we look forward to your feedback! :)

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

HI, Dave.

I'm not finding the beta download link on the Downloads page - only the link for 3.71 is visible.

Your video was helpful and I look forward to a test drive.

Thanks!
Deborah

Thanks Deborah!  Can you try the link again?  It should be available for download now.  Cheers!

interactivetools.com

Dave, I tested all I could and had no issues. Big time saver to be able to toggle back-n-forth between editor and database!

~ Deborah

Hi All, 

Thanks for all the testing so far.  It's very valuable to know not only when things aren't working but when they are working as well.

I've released an updated beta here for anyone who wants to try it out: https://www.interactivetools.com/download/

And if all goes well we'll tentatively plan to release this next week!

Thanks all!

interactivetools.com

Hi All, 

We've just released an updated beta with all the fixes from everything reported so far.
https://www.interactivetools.com/download/

We're running it on our main website and if there are no further issues we'll release this later this week.

Thanks everyone for your help!

interactivetools.com

Awesome! THANK YOU and the Interactive Tools Team for this...and for ALL you do!

I think I have another bug for v3.72 that I have found on two testing websites (Builds 2761 and 2739).

In a WYSIWYG, the Insert/Edit Image >> Add From Media Library tab is missing. I have checked and Media Library is enabled. I updated one on my 2739 installs to 2761 and the problem remained.

I have wysiwyg_custom.php / .css files if that matters.

Thanks,

Kenny H

By KennyH - September 6 - edited: September 6

I found another weird one. On v3.72 (Build 2761) I go to Database Editor >> Add New Editor >> Choose Any 

When I type "Support Us" for the Menu Name, the Ss don't appear unless you type another letter after it, both capital S or lowercase s. The first S in "Support" will show up after I type the u. When I type "Us", the lowercase s does not appear unless I type another letter.

This issue also affects Build 2739 on a different testing website