PHP Safe Mode vs. PHP Safe Mode GID - "Please disable the 'safe_mode' setting..."

7 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: March 24, 2009   (RSS)

By gagester - March 20, 2009

After setting PHP Safe Mode to off, I was able to get past the "Please disable the 'safe_mode' setting in php.ini." warning initially... But when i went in to edit something under the Admin > General Settings tab, when i clicked submit, the warning reappeared.

Should i also be turning "PHP Safe Mode GID" off? (i have NO idea what this is. [:P]

Help! :)

Re: [gagester] PHP Safe Mode vs. PHP Safe Mode GID - "Please disable the 'safe_mode' setting..."

By Dave - March 20, 2009

Hi gagester,

I did a quick google search and it seems related to safe_mode. It probably only applies when safe_mode is on. If you're not getting any errors I'd just leave it as is.

You may need to reboot your server or wait a little while for the new settings to take effect.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [gagester] "Please disable the 'safe_mode' setting in php.ini." still appearing... but randomly

By Dave - March 23, 2009

Hi gagester,

Try reloading php-info.php a few times. When I look at it says it's still on (for value "safe_mode").

At the top it says "Linux node3", however once I reload a few times I get "Linux node4" and it's off.

It looks like your hosting account is load balanced, meaning multiple servers may process requests, except some of the servers have the correct setting and some don't.

Definitely something to talk to you host about.

Let me know if you need any more help with this.
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] "Please disable the 'safe_mode' setting in php.ini." still appearing... but randomly

By gagester - March 23, 2009

So... there's no other work around? It's not a common issue? Is this something to look for if we try to find another host? "non-load balanced" server environment? or?

I have a support ticket into the current hosting company. I'll see if they have any solution also...

Re: [Dave] "Please disable the 'safe_mode' setting in php.ini." still appearing... but randomly

By gagester - March 24, 2009

Thanks for your help! I think the hosting company fixed the problem, so we're back on track.

Again, you guys have been super helpful and very responsive. I really appreciate it!!

Re: [gagester] "Please disable the 'safe_mode' setting in php.ini." still appearing... but randomly

By Dave - March 24, 2009

Great to hear it's working! Thanks for posting back to let us know. :)
interactivetools.com