PHP Safe Mode vs. PHP Safe Mode GID - "Please disable the 'safe_mode' setting..."

7 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: March 24, 2009   (RSS)

By gagester - March 20, 2009

After setting PHP Safe Mode to off, I was able to get past the "Please disable the 'safe_mode' setting in php.ini." warning initially... But when i went in to edit something under the Admin > General Settings tab, when i clicked submit, the warning reappeared.

Should i also be turning "PHP Safe Mode GID" off? (i have NO idea what this is. [:P]

Help! :)

Re: [gagester] PHP Safe Mode vs. PHP Safe Mode GID - "Please disable the 'safe_mode' setting..."

By Dave - March 20, 2009

Hi gagester,

I did a quick google search and it seems related to safe_mode. It probably only applies when safe_mode is on. If you're not getting any errors I'd just leave it as is.

You may need to reboot your server or wait a little while for the new settings to take effect.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

"Please disable the 'safe_mode' setting in php.ini." still appearing... but randomly

By gagester - March 23, 2009 - edited: March 23, 2009

Hello again,

I disabled both PHP Safe Mode and PHP Save Mode GID on Friday (the 20th).

I'm now able to actually access the admin area, but intermittently. I'll be modifying or creating a section editor, and it will be working fine... and then i click to add another field or click to save or something and i'll get the 'disable php safe mode' warning again. Sometimes if i click refresh, or go back to /cmsAdmin it'll start working again... or not.

Any ideas? Solutions? (it's getting kind of annoying at this point...) ;)

It's evidently not a browser issue, as it's doing the same thing in both Firefox and Safari.

When i look at the phpinfo (http://hnbr.zuzuproofs.com/cmsAdmin/php-info.php) it shows the Local Value safe_mode is "off", but the Master Value shows it set to "on."

??

Re: [Dave] "Please disable the 'safe_mode' setting in php.ini." still appearing... but randomly

By gagester - March 23, 2009

So... there's no other work around? It's not a common issue? Is this something to look for if we try to find another host? "non-load balanced" server environment? or?

I have a support ticket into the current hosting company. I'll see if they have any solution also...

Re: [Dave] "Please disable the 'safe_mode' setting in php.ini." still appearing... but randomly

By gagester - March 24, 2009

Thanks for your help! I think the hosting company fixed the problem, so we're back on track.

Again, you guys have been super helpful and very responsive. I really appreciate it!!

Re: [gagester] "Please disable the 'safe_mode' setting in php.ini." still appearing... but randomly

By Dave - March 24, 2009

Great to hear it's working! Thanks for posting back to let us know. :)
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com