The requested URL /cmsAdmin/admin.php was not found on this server

5 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: October 23, 2009   (RSS)

By NigelGordijk - October 22, 2009 - edited: October 22, 2009

Hi, there.

I'm installing CMSB on a client's server. I've been able to upload all of the files and set permissions as required. The server IP address is 216.16.234.158; I don't have a URL associated with it yet.

When I run http://216.16.234.158/cmsAdmin/admin.php, I get a 404 Not Found error page.

Is it possible to complete an installation with just the IP address, or do I need a full Web address?

Thanks,
Nigel Gordijk

Common Sense Design: User-focused Web design
Tel: 001 519 342 5348 | Web: www.commonsensedesign.net

Re: [NigelGordijk] The requested URL /cmsAdmin/admin.php was not found on this server

By Donna - October 22, 2009

Hi Nigel!

It's definitely possible -- an IP address is no different from a domain name, it's just a different way of accessing space on a server.

If you're getting a 404 though, that means the files aren't actually located where that URL is pointing. If you upload any other files to that spot, can you access them? Often IP-based addresses will require some extra path info, as very few sites have an IP all to themselves (most use a shared IP address.) So it might be something like:

http://216.16.234.158/~yourusername/cmsAdmin/admin.php

...or something like that. :) Check with your server admin, they should be able to tell you the exact URL to your home directory.
Donna

--
support@interactivetools.com

Re: [Donna] The requested URL /cmsAdmin/admin.php was not found on this server

Thanks, Donna. I'll check with my host.
Nigel Gordijk

Re: [northernpenguin] The requested URL /cmsAdmin/admin.php was not found on this server

All sorted - thanks for your help!
Nigel Gordijk